Blog Archives

Nearly there!

Finished and submitted the chemistry prac report, and the biology designer animal assignments on Friday… and there is only one more assignment to go… yipee! Now, if Australian Idol stop producing some good talent.. and doing decent music… I might be able to actually get some work done on it instead of searching my music libraries for the original songs… sigh.

On a lighter note, I have actually managed to get some work on said assignment and may actually have something to show Wendy tomorrow.

Chemistry prac report finished

Finished writing the prac report for the methyl acetate kinetics chemistry prac from Tuesday (really finished it on Tuesday evening but I needed to get a copy of Oke’s graph, as she graphed one set of data and I did the other set). As usual though, I’ll keep hold of it until Thursday afternoon just in case I need to make changes to it.

I won’t say that the prac or the report was easy, but it was an enjoyable prac, as it put the theory into perspective, and the aim of the prac and what we were did make sense in the end.

I have to admit, though, that this is all mostly due to the tutoring that we have been receiving from Desirae, who has done a fantastic job of explaining all the material, and her way of explaining things makes a lot of the hard stuff just seem so easy!

Unit Planning… exciting or painful?

Well, I have been hashing out what I am doing for my Middle Phase Pedagogy assignment. I worked out the topic the other day, changing it at the last minute from genetics to ecology. I know the year level, year 10, and I know which Essential Learning(s) it will be based on. I even know that I want between 12 and 14 lessons for the unit, or between 4 and 5 weeks of work, whichever comes first. Now all I need to do is write four of the lessons, do a critical reflection, and submit it by Friday…. um, maybe not!
Anyway, it looks it will actually be fun, so I’m now regretting that I left it late, and didn’t start on it two weeks ago, as last week was blanked out by my block placement. And I lose Thursday evening to planning for Friday’s teaching, and then Friday mainly to teaching. So I just have tomorrow morning/afternoon to write the lessons + critical review if I want to meet the Friday deadline. However, I also need to email my mentor teacher resources for the Friday lesson, so that comes first. And on top of that, I also have 6 hours of classes on Thursday… so not much spare time!
So I think that the this assignment will be held over for the weekend, and I will have fun working on it over the weekend.

Assignments just can’t be this easy

Was working on my chemistry assignment yesterday, and I couldn’t get over the fact that I managed to answer 80% of the assignment in just a few hours. I made a few mistakes, but Zane and Oke picked them up and put me on the right track. So I can safely leave the assignment until Thursday afternoon after Desirae’s next tutorial session. And talking of the tutorial, they have been a lifesaver, as Desirae’s just has a way of making everything make sense, so in the tutorials I’ve leant more in two weeks than the last four weeks of lectures.

Late nights are back again…

Well, you know it is that time of the term when the nights are spent bleary eyed in of a computer screen and your are surrounded by textbooks and assorted loose bits of paper, and the days seem to short but you still need heavy doses of caffeine (read that as three strong coffees or two cans of Mother to make it to the evening), and you walk around with dark patches under your eyes all the time.

Tuesday night was first of many long nights spent working on assignments, but I am glad to say that the end of this assignment is near, and I am on track to start work on the next two assignments, now due in just over two weeks. I have a rough idea of what is needed for Friday, when I’ll be teaching a Year 8 maths class and a Year 10 science class… but I need to get in touch with one of my mentor teachers in order to find out where he is at with his year 8 IT class, as he hasn’t been in touch with me yet.

I’ve just finished working on what I can for my Organic Chemistry prac report, and am in the process of selecting the worksheets that I may be using for the year 8 maths class, who are working on unit conversion, specifically when determining the length and perimeter of objects. I’m going to combine two different worksheets in order to make a more engaging worksheet, and have to work on the PowerPoint that I’ll be using to support the lesson either tomorrow afternoon or tomorrow night, in addition to finishing off the PowerPoint for the year 10 science students on Ecology.